The influencers in your niche are the ones who have big platforms – such as mailing lists, popular blogs, and big social networks – that are full of people who hang on their every word, and who take them up on every recommendation.
I’m sure you're well aware of the influencers in your niche, but have you thought about how to ethically borrow their traffic? That’s right, if you partner with them, you can leverage their traffic to build your own mailing lists.
Here are six ways to do it:
- Create a webinar together. You can co-create this webinar to teach a topic together, or you can even interview your partner. The key here is that your partner helps you promote the webinar, and you build a list by having prospects register for the event by joining your list.
- Co-promote each other in your respective newsletters. You can do this once, or you can agree to insert links to each other’s lead pages for a set amount of time.
- Swap links on your confirmation pages. This is a great place to promote each other’s lead pages, since the new subscriber is in a subscribing mood.
- Create and distribute viral content together. This could be a video, report, or other piece of content. Each of you promotes the content, and each of you inserts links to your lead pages directly into the content.
- Recruit the influencer to your affiliate team. Then give that person 100% commissions on a product. He/She gets to keep all the upfront profits, but you get the valuable list of buyers and all the backend profits.
- Guest blogging. This is pretty simple – just persuade your partner to publish your exclusive article on their blog.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to leveraging an influencer’s traffic to build your list. All you need to do is to get creative because these strategies are often the best and quickest ways to turn warm targeted traffic into subscribers and buyers.